My friend, Melissa over at 320 Sycamore does a favorite things party every year, so I’m joining her this week and thought I’d put together a little recap of my favorite things. There are several other bloggers this week participating too, so I’ll send you over to them in case you want to find out more fave things from everyone else too.
If you are dropping by from my friend, Cassity, welcome! http://www.remodelaholic.com/2013/12/holiday-shopping-plan/
Can’t have too many favorite things!
These items are all over the place, from home stuff, to kitchen and beauty products. I have a lot of things I really love, but these are some that I will be enjoying over and over again.
- Sensationail – I just picked up this gel nail kit (with UV light) from Walgreens, since my own nails are in such bad shape (from a couple of years of doing acrylic nails at the salon, they got ruined by those electric drills), so I’ve heard great things about gel nail polishes, so decided it would be cost effective to buy my own kit and do it at home. This is supposed to last 2 weeks and I’ve tried it once and had it stay on a week for me. I think once I practice more and get it on in thinner layers, it will be even better. It smooths out my natural nails and leaves a nice shine with all the coats applied. I know a gel manicure at the salon is about $30, so this is much more cost effective. I bought it on sale and used a coupon and it was around $42 or so. You can also buy additional colors of polish to use with it.
- Nars Concealer – I had heard about this concealer from a couple of different sources, so decided to try it out and so far I really like it. It’s creamy and I found a color that was good for me, Custard. A good concealer is a must!
- Kenra Platinum Silkening Mist – My stylist got me started on this. She uses it on my hair when she flat irons it and it helps to protect the hair and adds a nice glossy sheen. I use it at home when I’m styling with my flat iron.
- Campari tomatoes – During the winter months, these are the best tomatoes out there. They aren’t cheap, but I look for them on sale and it’s really worth it to have some decent tomatoes on hand when summer produce is long gone. Best tasting and really a nice texture!
- Palmer’s cocoa butter lip balm – My niece, Lauren, got our whole family onto this large tube of lip balm. You can find it at most drugstores and Walmart. Good stuff, I use it every night before I go to bed and it really hydrates the lips.
- Bare Minerals – My fave makeup base of mineral powder makeup. I use Medium Beige shade. I also use the Mineral Veil as a top coat and it has a little shimmer in it to highlight and set your face makeup. Love them both!
- Olay Filling & Sealing Wrinkle Treatment – Good primer before makeup goes on, it’s silky and fills in pores and small lines and helps makeup look better after applying. I use a moisturizer and then add this in my lines and wrinkles where needed. My mineral powder goes on top.
- Pampered Chef garlic press – Hands down, the best garlic press I’ve found. It mashes out the garlic leaving the skin inside.
- Bamboo Blinds – Still love my Tibet bamboo blinds from Payless Décor in my house. They really make my house feel warm and cozy.
I’m not linking up any affiliate links or anything. These are just some of my favorite products that I came up with for this season.
I’m sure you all have some favorite things too that you might like to share. Go ahead and share in the comments if you have something that you just LOVE and want to share with everyone
else. I love reading beauty tip ideas and am more likely to purchase a new beauty product after I read a good review on it, are you?
Be sure and stop by my friend, Stacey’s, favorite things next! http://www.notjustahousewife.net/2013/12/favorite-things-2013.html
Here’s the whole line of of participating bloggers sharing their favorite things!
Monday, Dec 16