We announced in August that we have tickets on sale for our fabulous DIY/Home conference next year, Haven 2012. All of us on the team are SO excited about this conference and think the time is right for a conference such as this and we are happy to be behind the scenes putting it all together.
I can’t tell you how much it means to me to be the leader on this monumental endeavor. A dream come true for all of us on the team!
We’ve got some exciting NEW news to share with you all today about our Haven 2012 blog conference.
Our top sponsor for Haven is Atlanta’s own, Home Depot! We are beyond excited to have them backing our first conference and we are looking forward to a collaborative partnership with this well-known home improvement giant. You can check out all the sponsors currently signed up as well. We are confident that every slot will be filled before next June arrives.
The class sessions/workshops are now up on our Haven Conference website and I’m going to list them here for you too:
- Brave it Off Auto: Photography Workshop
- Pimp Your Photos: Photo Editing and Styling
- Laminate, Wood, & MDF, OH MY: Furniture Painting Tips for Beginners
- Beyond the Basics: Advanced Furniture Painting Techniques
- Go Ahead & Let Your Slip Show: Basics of Slipcovering
- Frugally Fabu-less Decorating: Introduction to Thrifty Shopping with Mr. Goodwill Hunting, Rashon Carraway
- Power Tools for Divas: An Introduction to how to properly and safely use power tools like a pro
- Just Build It: Introduction to Carpentry and Woodworking with Ana White
- Build-a-Room: Basics in Room Design
- I Like Big Blogs: Tips on Growing your Blog
- Meet Me at the Water Cooler: The Importance in Using Social Media
- Hobby Gone Wild: How to Take Your Blog from a Hobby to a Business
- Walking the Tightrope: How to Achieve Balance in Family & Blogging
- Show Me the Money: The Ins, Outs, and Ethics of Blog Advertising
As you can see, we have a fantastic line-up planned for our sessions and workshops, so I hope that if you have been debating on whether or not to attend this very first Haven Conference, that this line-up will push you over the edge and you will NOT WANT TO MISS this event!! There will be some tweaking along the way too, so there could be other additions to this list.
The girls on the team and I are so very excited about the whole event and are working super hard behind the scenes to bring the DIY/Home blogging world a conference to remember.
I also have another HUGE announcement to share with y’all!! Are you ready for this one??
John and Sherry from Young House Love are coming to Haven and they will be our keynote speakers. This famous DIY couple have taken the blogworld by storm and I would guess that they are truly the #1 DIY Home bloggers across the blogosphere in sheer numbers of readers and influence. They have done it all and shared their DIY tips and triumphs over 4 years now and I cannot wait to meet them in person.
We are super excited about this bit of news, as you can imagine!!
So, there you have it! Up to date exciting news on this fantastic conference. Don’t miss out! We want to see YOU there too. If you have never been to a blog conference before, this is the time to do it. Don’t let fear get in the way. There will be plenty of other newbies there too and you can all get your feet wet at the same time.
I promise you, I’ll be there to hug you and make you feel at home, as will everyone else on the Haven team. We want everyone to feel included, learn a lot, and leave this first Haven conference with a smile on your face and a warm spot in your heart for attending.
It’s going to be loads of fun, I can promise you that!