Lighting Finale

Here’s where we started……
And, at last, the foyer light fixture is UP! Our neighbors had a ladder tall enough to reach up from the next to the top rung and yes, you guessed it…it was me who climbed up there & did it. Hubby was a good sport and helped me the whole way, since I’m much smaller & more agile than he is, I can get up on the ladder easier. I’m so glad it’s done and I really love the changes. I stood on the tall ladder and my hubby had a shorter one right beside me. He was right there with me as I took the old one down (after turning off the power breaker, of course!). After that, it was a matter of balancing with him holding the fixture up for me as I threaded it on the bracket. We had a few little glitches along the way, but hung in there and got it done. I was so relieved when it was up! I almost chickened out once, but my determination won out. Took us about an hour and 1/2 total. Not bad!
You can see the open wall as you come in our frontdoor. It looks directly into the diningroom. Hence, everything has to flow from the moment you step into the foyer.
Both fixtures are pretty and unique and I think they go well together. I’m not into matching everything, so it’s fine with me that one is black/rusty iron and the other is antique brass. I like the contrast.
My new Canon camera (A570 IS) just arrived this past week, so I’m going to have some fun with it. These are the first shots I have taken with it and I think I’m going to really enjoy it. It has more bells and whistles than my old HP 2 year old one did. It’s amazing how fast camera specs change. I got a great deal on this one online and it has 7.1 megapixels and additional zoom power, as well as lots more features. I’m pleased with these pics so far, set with the Auto feature and I can’t wait to play with it to see how much better I can make my photos.

Don’t miss the next post down about a birthday celebration…I’ve posted 2 today!

- Rhoda

Comments

1. Dena ~ swaddlecottage says

Wow, that looks so pretty! Love the new one…and I desperately need a Krispy Kreme donut now 🙂

Hugs,
    Dena

2. Great job !!! I really like the fixture.

You crack me up getting up on the ladder…

Take care,
    Kathy 🙂

3. Connie from Big Bear Lake California says

Rhoda, You have a beautiful home!! I see you love color as I do. I had a great visit. Hope you can visit soon. Connie

4. Sandi McBride says

Wow Rhoda, I love it. I love that you do all that hard work yourself, too! I think it’s what keeps us young. I refuse to give in or give up…I love the way the wall looks from the front door…to neat!
    hugs
    Sandi

5. I like your new fixture! Aren’t helpful neighbors great? 🙂 Enjoy our new camera! Can’t wait to see more pics!
    ~Abbie

6. justabeachkat says

Great job! I know you’re so happy to have those jobs behind you though. Seems like I’m always climbing up on ladders for one thing or another.

Hugs!
    Kat

7. frantichomecook says

Rhoda,

Can I ask where you got those stunning dining room curtains? I’ve been looking for something just like those forever!

Francie

8. Looks great! It’s amazing what we can do when we set our minds to it! Have fun with your new camera!
    Donna

9. RealEstateGirl says

Your pictures look great!

Just stopping by to check in! Sorry it’s been a while! Any help from Pam M. that I told you about a few weeks ago?

Hope all is well!

Much love, my friend!
    Tracey

10. Love those new fixtures! You’ve inspired me, I now need to go out and find something to replace a few of mine1
    When you get a minute, I tagged you!

11. the feathered nest says

You’re so brave to get up on a ladder that tall! It looks really good!

Manuela

12. Great job Rhoda! I can’t believe you got up there and did this yourself. Love how it looks! And your dinner out looks like it was a great time.

13. restyled home says

It is so true that lighting is the jewellry of the home…they look fantastic!! You should be very proud of yourself for tackling that!!

I absolutely love the red in your dining room…very classy and cozy!!

Linda
    xoxo

14. Esther Sunday says

Looks super. Love the red transferware touches on your wall. Love, Esther

15. Looks great Rhoda! I had to give up climbing ladders when I hit 62. That was the year of my last Mural project. I would still be climbing, but vertigo has taken over!

We have a neighbor with one of those tall ladders. Sure comes in handy when changing light bulbs. So far, J is still climbing.

Pat

16. Rhoda,
    You are my hero! I can’t imagine getting up on a ladder OR working with electricity. LOL

Love your new chandeliers — they look fabulous!!!
    xoxo,
    mary

17. From one ladder-climber to another. It all looks great! Stopped by after reading your email about the new camera! The pix look great so far. Those guys moved on you while the (slow) shutter was open, so your camera caught the movement. Kind of cool! You’re going to have fun with it. We just ate at a new Hibachi style restaurant that opened near here recently too, and I always enjoy the show!

18. It looks really pretty Rhoda.
    I got a new camera for Christmas, and I am still getting use to it.
    It has a lot more stuff than my old one.
    Enjoy your new one!
    Rosemary

19. Sher's Creative Expressions says

Love the new light fixtures (both of them . . . foyer and dining room.) I sure hope you put in those long lasting 7 year bulbs in the foyer light 🙂

Good job.

Blessings,

Sher

20. Looks great….love the way the lighting fixtures all tie together but are not the exact same finishes!!! As always your home looks beautiful :o)
    ~Des