Every time I post my mom’s homemade vegetable beef soup, you all ask for it, so I’ve finally compiled a recipe to share with you all. You won’t believe how easy it it, truly easy! I asked her exactly how she makes it and today I’m sharing it with y’all!
Doesn’t that look good? It really is so good and tasty.
Iris's Homemade Vegetable Beef Soup
Home made vegetable beef soup using frozen veggies.
- 1/2 to 3/4 lb. Stew Beef - If you have a pressure cooker, that's how she cooks her beef, but if not, cook in crockpot the day before and then cut up beef. You can use whatever beef you like. I usually use chuck roast.
- 1 pkg. Beefie Onion Soup Mix from Lipton - one envelope plus 3 cups water
- 3 frozen pkgs. Kroger soup mix vegetables (Green beans, potatoes, okra, celery, peas, lima beans)
- 1 frozen pkg. Kroger mixed veggies (carrots, peas, green beans)
- 1 large can Chopped tomatoes
- Salt and pepper to taste
All she does is stew the beef, chop up the beef for soup, add all ingredients and simmer for an hour or so. Even better left over! Delicious and so good for you! Serve with homemade cornbread.
If you can’t see this recipe plugin above, let me know and I’ll copy and paste the recipe below. The plugin is great for printing it off!
It’s really good with her homemade cornbread. I’ve shared that recipe before in this post so hop over there and print it off. Look just down the page for the cornbread recipe. That recipe is for cornbread dressing too, so you have to make cornbread first.
Hope you enjoy!
Y’all I’m still going to work on that cookbook, but it’s going to be after Christmas. I can’t seem to find time to get going on it and finish what I need to finish, plus figure out the self publishing thing too. I will get to it eventually, I promise! Thanks for hanging in there with me. All of this takes a lot of time for me to figure out.