And I’m not even kidding with that title! It totally is.
My mom grew up in the Plant City, FL area, which if you were not aware, is the strawberry capital of Florida, if not the US. So she was raised picking strawberries and eating an abundance of them. Maybe that’s why I love strawberries SO much. They even have a very fun Strawberry Festival every year, which I’ve been to one time and man, oh man, at the homemade strawberry shortcake that comes out of that Festival.
So began my quest for a worthy strawberry cake, after I decided I need to thaw and use this gallon of frozen strawberries my mom passed on to me. It was time to break them out. I went online and found several recipes that sounded delish, so gave one a try. I used one for the sheetcake factor (since I’m not fond of baking layer cakes). Anytime I can bake in a 9×13 pan, I’m in! So, I picked a recipe for the sheetcake and then found another one with icing that I liked better. Cream cheese icing, YUM.
It has a ton of strawberries in the cake and icing and the good part is, it starts with a basic white cake mix. That I love too, but it tastes homemade.
All frosted and ready to eat. Put it in the fridge to chill for awhile before you cut it.
And then it’s even better with some of those leftover strawberries dolloped on top. Oh myyyyyyyyyyy, was this ever good! Are you drooling yet?
This is now going to be my favorite cake to make. 🙂 And it starts with a white cake mix, you gotta love that.
Best Ever Strawberry Cake
Easy strawberry sheet cake made with a box cake mix base, with added ingredients and a cream cheese strawberry icing.
- 1 box white cake mix
- 3 tablespoons plain flour
- 1 (3 Oz) box strawberry jello
- 1/2 cup water
- 3/4 cup oil, I used canola oil
- 1 cup fresh or frozen pureed strawberries
- 4 eggs
- Combine cake mix, flour, Jello and water. Add oil and eggs, one at a time, beating well between. Add strawberries. Beat 2 minutes. Pour batter into well greased and floured 9×13 pan. Bake at 350* for about 45 minutes.
- Cream Cheese Icing: adapted from Paula Deen online recipe
- 1 stick butter softened
- 1 8 oz. pkg. cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup frozen or fresh pureed strawberries
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- Add all ingredients to a mixing bowl and mix with mixer until creamy. Pour over cake after it cools from the oven. Add a strawberry to top for garnishment or pureed strawberries to top. Eat and Enjoy!
Cake recipe Adapted from Cooks.com
Add freshly sliced strawberries with juice to the top for EXTRA flavor!
And prepare to have your guests fall all over you when they can’t get enough of this cake! Let me know if you try it.
For those of you who can’t see the printable recipe above, here’s a screenshot of it!